Wednesday, October 24, 2007

*Blush, Toe Scuff*

I have to say, the responses I got for my last boring day-to-day post are absolutely great. I feel so popular!! XD!! Wow that's a new one. UVA Japanese 101 officially rocks.

Anyway.

Since people seem to like talking about anime (and I LOVE talking about anime,) I figure I'll stay on this curve. Heck, why not? I know enough anime to keep me busy talking from now until kingdom come.

I guess I'll go over AWA this post.

AWA is Anime Weekend Atlanta: a giant anime con that I'm just dorky enough to attend just about every year with all of my old highschool friends. I even came home this year from college just to see everybody, dress up in an (AWESOME) Genjo Sanzo outfit and traipse around the Renaissance Waverly ballrooms for two days. I have some really great pictures:


Aaaand naturally, when I want them, I can't find them. Ah well. I'll just pull up some pictures from last year.

My friend Laura went as Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha. (And yes. I spelled it right. Go me.)












Pikachu car is a staple every year.













Ironic to see this sign in a booth where the Anime was probably 6 times the price it would have been in Japan.










Aaand it's too bad that my computer no longer wants to post any more pictures. This was the year that the Fullmetal Alchemist movie came out, and Travis Willingham (English voice of Roy Mustang) and Vic Mignogna (Voice of Ed Elrich) came to open the movie and hold a Q and A session afterward...

During which I asked Travis if he'd marry me. (I have video if you don't believe me.)
Let me see if I can post it.



Ah. I hope that's the right one. Whatever. The experience was amazing.

(In case you didn't get the dialogue:
Me: "Um...This question is for Travis. I'm seventeen, but I'll be eighteen in February..."
*Audience laughs*
Vic: "-Laughing- Go on."
Me: "Will you marry me?"
*Vic and Travis look at each other*
Travis: "What do you think?"
Vic: *Shrugs*
Travis: "We could always use another one.")

And now that I'm officially done offering up my soul to you all, I think I'll go do my real Japanese homework.

Gotta love the blog project. I feel like I'm working when I'm online. Hahaha.

Blog Project がすきです!

1 comment:

アリス said...

Hahahaha you're such a dork! In the best way though. <3333